400g rigatoni (100g per person)
700ml passata sauce
Half an eggplant, diced
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper, to season
1. In a large non-stick saucepan, cover the base with olive oil and heat up.
2. Saute garlic and onion until soft and translucent.
3. Add eggplant and fry until lightly browned.
4. Generously top the eggplant with salt and some pepper.
5. Pour in the passata (add some water to the bottle, swish it around and pour into pot).
6. Cook for 30 minutes to allow the sauce to reduce.
7. Place a large pot of salted water on heat to boil, and then place the pasta into the boiling water.
8. Once the pasta is cooked, strain and put back into the pot.
9. Add fresh basil to the sauce mixture.
10. Add sauce to pasta and mix through.
11. Serve topped with some more sauce, olive oil, fresh basil and parmesan.
This recipes serves 4 people.