1/3 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
1 cup self raising flower
Good splash of vanilla essence
Grated lemon zest (one lemon)
Cup chopped apricots and sultanas (these are ‘to taste’ so if you like these, feel free to add more, or more of one fruit, than the other)
- Turn the oven on at 175 degrees celsius
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy
- Add vanilla essence and olive oil
- Add lemon zest and continue beating
- Continually sift the flour throughout the beating process (Note: If the eggs are big, you may need a bit more flour, and if they’re small eggs, you may use less flour. You want a medium-thick consistency refer to the video)
- Add apricots and sultanas
- Line the trays with baking paper
- Use soup spoon to spoon out small quantities onto the baking tray
- Place in oven for 10 minutes until golden brown (keep an eye on them!
Makes approximately 24 biscuits and best enjoyed with a cup of tea or coffee!